Ahhh, coffee. If ever I’m out in the city and I need to make a quick stop for caffeine, Starbucks is my go-to. Although there are plenty of other independent coffee shops out there, nothing quite beats Starbucks.
Although you may struggle to imagine the ideal coffee without a thick head of foamy cow’s milk, you might be surprised to know that vegan alternatives ARE just as tasty.
Plus, if you’re stopping by Starbucks, you may even find a vegan treat or two to enjoy with your cup of joe.
Do Starbucks Serve Vegan Drinks?
Yes, they do, and if you’re familiar with the menu, the variety will astound you. There’s not just one or two drinks dedicated to vegan coffee lovers, there are plenty.
In fact, most of the drinks at Starbucks can be vegan, as long as you order them with a vegan alternative to cow’s milk. Here are some of the plant-based milk alternatives you’ll find at Starbucks:
- Original nut blend
As usual, these are available in three sizes:
- Tall (12oz)
- Grande (16oz)
- Venti (24 oz)
Vegan Hot Drinks (No Caffeine)
Need a warming beverage without caffeine? Here are some of the most popular caffeine-free warm drinks you can order at Starbucks – suitable for vegans.
- Peach Tranquillity Tea: This tea is loaded with peach, chamomile, candied pineapple, rose hips, and lemon verbena. Delicious!
- Mint Majesty Tea: Minty lovers will adore this blend of mint and lemon verbena.
- Hot Chocolate: The classic hot chocolate; simply order with a non-dairy milk of your choice and skip the whip to make it vegan.
- Vanilla Creme: Again, non-dairy milk and no whip will make this classic vegan-friendly.
- Cinnamon Dolce Creme: This creamy, hearty warmer is vegan-friendly without the dolce topping, whip, and non-dairy milk.
- Steamed Apple Juice: This lesser-known starbies classic is delightful and made completely from apples – perfect for vegans.
- Steamed Milk: Just make sure it’s non-dairy milk, and you’re good to go.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate: This one is delightful, and all it needs is a little non-dairy milk to make it good for vegans. Remember to skip the whip and chocolate curls, too.
Vegan Hot Coffees (With Caffeine)
If you’re stopping by Starbucks, you may as well load up on the caffeine… right? If you’re of the same mind, fear not: there are plenty of caffeinated hot drinks for you to enjoy, too.
In fact, most Starbucks coffees are suitable for vegans, as long as you order non-dairy milk.
- Featured brews (ask instore for more details)
- Caffe Mocha (order non-dairy milk and no whip)
- Espresso Macchiato (order non-dairy milk)
- Caramel Macchiato (order non-dairy milk and no sauce)
- Flat White (order non-dairy milk)
- Cappuccino (order non-dairy milk)
- Chestnut Praline Latte (order non-dairy milk and no whip)
- Cafe Latte (order non-dairy milk)
- Sugar Cookie with Almond Milk (limited availability)
- Peppermint Mocha (order non-dairy milk, limited availability)
- Apple Crisp Oat Milk Macchiato
- Starbucks Reserve Latte (order non-dairy milk)
- Starbucks Blond Vanilla Latte (order non-dairy milk)
If it’s too hot to indulge in a steaming cup of joe, you can always opt for an iced coffee. Here are some of the vegan-friendly options you can order:
- Iced Espresso
- Cold Brew (order non-dairy milk)
- Iced Sugar Cookie with Almond Milk (limited availability)
- Iced Toasted Vanilla Oat Milk Macchiato
- Iced Toasted Vanilla Oat Milk Espresso
- Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
- Iced Apple Crisp Oat Milk Macchiato
- Iced Peppermint Mocha (order non-dairy milk, no chocolate curls, and no whip)
- Iced Coffee (order non-dairy milk)
- Iced Caffe Americano
- Iced Shaken Espresso (order non-dairy milk)
- Iced Chestnut Praline Latte (limited availability, order non-dairy milk, and no whip)
- Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte (order non-dairy milk)
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte (order non-dairy milk, no whip, and no cinnamon dolce topping)
- Iced Caramel Macchiato (order non-dairy milk, no whip, no cinnamon topping)
- Iced Caffe Latte (order non-dairy milk)
- Iced Caffe Mocha (order non-dairy milk, and no whip)
*Don’t forget, most of these options are also available as frappuccinos. These are vegan-friendly if ordered with dairy milk and no whip. Check in-store for more details.
What About Tea?
Starbucks also has an extensive range of teas available to order, so if you’re not a coffee lover, you’ll still find a hot drink to tickle your vegan taste buds:
- Royal English Breakfast Tea
- Jade Citrus Mint Tea
- Matcha Tea Latte (non-dairy milk)
- Earl Grey
- Chai Tea
- Emperor’s Clouds and Mist
- London Fog Tea Latte (non-dairy milk)
There are also plenty of fruit drinks to choose from, including:
- Strawberry Acai
- Mango Dragon Fruit Lemonade
- Paradise Drink
- Pineapple Passion Fruit Lemonade
- Pineapple Passionfruit
- Pink Drink
- Blended Strawberry Lemonade
- Vegan Dragon Drink
- Strawberry Acai Lemonade
Do Starbucks Serve Vegan Food?
If you want some vegan food to go with your vegan beverage, you may be in luck. Although Starbucks doesn’t offer as much vegan food as they do vegan drinks, you’ll probably still find something to grab as a quick breakfast, lunch, or tasty snack.
Here’s some of the vegan food you may find at your local Starbucks:
- Blueberry Oatmeal
- Strawberry Overnight Grains
- Superberry Acai Bowl
- Fruit Salad
- Avocado Spread
- Justin’s Almond Butter
- Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
- Fruit, including bananas, oranges, and watermelons
- Lentil and Veggie Protein Bowls
- Fruit Bars
- Charles Chocolate’s Caramelized Crisped Rice Bar
- Smoked Almonds
- Dark Chocolate Bars
- Almonds, Cashews, Raisins, and Cranberries
- Dried Fruit
- Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
- Kettle Chips (Lightly Salted and Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar)
- Peter Rabbit Organics Fruit Pouches
Remember: These items are subject to change, and not all options may be available at your local Starbucks. Consult your menu or ask in-store for more information.
The Bottom Line
Like most big-name brands, Starbucks has recognized the demand for more vegan-friendly food and drink, and it has certainly risen to the challenge.
The next time you visit your local Starbucks, one thing’s for sure: you won’t be short on vegan options!
- How Many Calories In Honeycrisp Apple? - March 7, 2023
- How Many Calories Are In A Small Banana? - March 7, 2023
- How Many Calories In A Granny Smith Apple? - March 1, 2023